|Welcome to Woodland Valley (2)|
|Season 4, Episode 2|
|Air date||September 9th, 2002|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|Welcome to Woodland Valley (1)||Step By Step|
Welcome to Woodland Valley (2) is the second episode of the fourth season.
In the second half of the two part special, the plans are coming together for a potluck dinner Bear is holding. Everyone will get together at the Big Blue House, eat good food and talk about solutions to fix up the library. The kids are hard at work collecting books to restore the library's collection. And Doc Hogg is getting down to business as to just what to do about the tree currently occupying a large portion of the library. He wants to remove it, chop it up and use it for firewood to heat all of Woodland Valley, but Ojo makes a discovery that changes the plan --- a couple of possums living within the tree. In the Shadow segment Shadow tells the story about a village where the people were hungry. A wise woman said she would make a stone soup.
- Miss Maxwell
- Doc Hogg
- Grandma Etta
- Grandpa Otto
- Jeremiah Tortoise
- Miss Maxwell
- Jacques the Beaver
The rest of the characters will be confirmed soon.
- Good Morning (song by Peter Lurye)
- Everything Is Great About the Library (music & lyrics by Kirsten Anderson)
- Woodland Valley Cha Cha (music by Bobby Lopez & lyrics by Andrew Wyatt)
- Goodbye Song (song by Peter Lurye)
- The theme for this episode is about community.
- This is a direct continuation from Part 1.
- Lynne Thigpen as Luna and Tara Mooney as Shadow receive an "and" instead of a "With" in this episode, but Brad Garrett (as heard since Disney's 1998's A Bugs Life as shown from Pixar) and Gilbert Gottfried voice the Possums in this episode and receive a "With" credit. They had previously appeared on Hollywood Squares with Bear. This marks the only appearances of them.
- Starting with this episode, Shadow's appearance is less frequent then previous episodes, where she was seen in almost every episode, with the exception of a few. It was never explained why. This also marks the first time when she appears within the first five minutes of the episode.
- This marks the next second part episode that Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop join in the Goodbye Song.
- This is the first episode the camera is outside the attic balcony when Bear turns the light off once.
Any goofs? Request some goofs from the episode in the comments.
No photos yet.
Watch the episode now.