|To Clean or Not to Clean|
|Season 4, Episode 18|
|Air date||April 24, 2006|
|Written by||P. Kevin Strader|
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|The View from You||The Great Bandini|
To Clean or Not to Clean is the 18th episode of the fourth season.
Bear returns to the Big Blue House from a business trip for Bearcraft Tools to find that everything's a mess. He left Lois in charge while he was away and it seems she was perfectly willing to go along with the kids' idea of not cleaning up so that they'd have more time to play. Now Ojo and Treelo are missing their toys, which are Snow Bear and Rockboy, Pip and Pop have been stuck in one spot playing an increasingly boring game of tag and Tutter's trapped in the cheese drawer. Bear talks things over with everyone and they begin to see that maybe their time-saving idea is actually wasting time. They then have the same sort of idea about taking a bath, but Bear helps them by getting them to visualize what would happen if they stopped taking baths. In the Shadow segment, Shadow sings a song about how to make doing chores fun.
- Clean Up the House (songs by Peter Lurye)
- Everybody in the Tub (songs by Brian Woodbury)
- Brush Brush Bree (songs by Brian Woodbury)
- This episode features the same set of songs heard in "Woodland House Wonderful." The songs are "Clean Up the House," "Everybody in the Tub" and "Brush Brush Bree."
- The title references one of William Shakespeare's most famous lines: "To be or not to be..."
- Due to the song shortage, the scene where Bear uses the broom in the living room replaces the scene from Season 1.
- The theme for this episode is about responsibility.
Any goofs? Request some goofs from the episode in the comments.
Any photos from the episode? Put some here.
Watch the episode now.
There are no video releases to this episode.