|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||October 22nd, 1997|
|Written by||P. Kevin Strader|
|Directed by||Hugh Martin|
|Water, Water, Everywhere||Shape of a Bear|
Mouse Party is the third episode of the first season.
It is Tutter's birthday, and the friends in the Big Blue House decide to throw him a special surprise birthday party. Bear welcomes the viewers here, and smells something. After that, Bear shows them the living room of the party being set up. Pip and Pop are placed in charge of the decorations, but run into trouble with the balloons. The balloon they were holding popped. All the noise attracts Tutter, but Bear manages to head him off with our help. Tutter comes in and Bear, Pip, and Pop block Tutter so he won't see the party being set up. Later, Bear sends Tutter a birthday card. Tutter learns that having a birthday means becoming a year older. So, he sings about being older. He speculates on all the great things he'll be able to do while he's older too. Ojo works on the cake. Later, Bear sees Treelo wraps Tutter's present. Treelo, though, gets so excited about the birthday that at first he wants to keep the present for himself. Later, the party is ready and all set, but they needed Tutter. Pip and Pop accidently pops a balloon again, which made Tutter come into the living room where the party was. They all quickly hide. Bear turns on the light. Then they shout suprise to Tutter. They then sing the happy birthday song. After that, Tutter blows the candles. Then they all have a lot of fun at the party. When the party was over, Bear went up to the attic to visit Luna. Bear tells about the cake. But, Bear wonders when Luna's birthday is. Luna says she is too old to remember. Then they sing the Goodbye Song. Bear then says "By the way, if it is your birthday." Then the kids suddenly appear saying Happy Birthday. Then Bear says "See you soon."
- This episode teaches about Birthdays.
- Luna is so old that she doesn't remember when her birthday is.
- There is no Shadow segment in this episode. The time normally spent on her story is taken up by Tutter's birthday party. This also marks the first time there was no Shadow segment.
- The events of this episode were the basis for the stage show Bear in the Big Blue House Live: Surprise Party. This stage show no longer tours, but is available on video.
- The "Happy, Happy Birthday" song is listed as simply "The Birthday Song" in the closing credits. Additionally, the closing credits run longer than usual.
- Chad Cruikshank is credited as in Production Staff. Dean Gordon is Associate Director in this episode. Pat Minietta & Larry Solomon are credited as in Technical Crew.
- A big deal is made about Tutter's present in this episode, but the viewers never find out what it is.
- Tutter could've easily seen the streamers while Bear, Pip, and Pop were blocking him.
Put some photos here.
- Bear in the Big Blue House Volume 7
- Party Time with Bear
- Hong Kong VCD
- Mouse Party (Hong Kong DVD)