|Season 1, Episode 25|
|Air date||November 21, 1997|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman, P. Kevin Strader, Andy Yerkes|
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|Lost Thing||Friends for Life|
Listen Up! is the twenty-fifth episode of the first season.
Bear receives a package in the mail containing a tape of soothing sounds. He's eager to sit down and listen to them, but Ojo is worried that the tape will disturb the game of "camping in the woods" she's playing. When she learns it's soothing sounds, she's eager to hear them, but then Treelo shows up and starts making noises of his own. At first, Ojo is irritated, but then Bear helps Treelo with making some sounds that won't bother Ojo. All of this gives Ojo a great idea for a real camping trip. Meanwhile, Tutter is busy dancing, and doesn't want any part of the camping trip when he hears about it. Pip and Pop are interested, though, after Bear tells them about it on their plastic cup telephone.
- Wonderful Sounds (Music and Lyrics by David Yazbek)
- The theme for this episode is about sounds.
- Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop join in the singing of the second half of the Goodbye Song.
- Pip and Pop refer to Bear as "Smokey." This is a reference to Smokey Bear of the United States Forest Service, who encourages people to remember that "Only YOU can prevent forest fires" and more recently "Only YOU can prevent wildfires."
- In this episode, the dog in the Shadow Projects logo in the closing credits hoots like an owl.
- This marks the first episode of Luna appearing at the Otter Pond.
- This marks the first episode that Ojo, Tutter, Treelo, Pip and Pop join in the Goodbye Song.
Any goofs? Request some goofs from the episode in the comments.
Watch the episode now.