|I For-Got Rhythm!?|
|Season 3, Episode 13|
|Air date||June 30, 1999|
|Written by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|Directed by||Mitchell Kriegman|
|Smellorama||Wait for Me|
I For-Got Rhythm!? is the thirteenth episode of the third season.
One morning, Bear finds that he can no longer do The Bear Cha Cha Cha. It seems that he has simply lost his rhythm. It's so bad that he can't even say "cha-cha-cha". He loaned his records to Doc Hogg, but when he can't get them back, he has to find some other way to regain his rhythm. Pip and Pop attempt to help by providing their services as the "rhythm-masters". Later, Bear finds Treelo dancing to a calypso beat and joins in. In the Shadow Segment, Shadow tells Bear a story "Tingalayo", featuring a donkey learning a Latin beat.
- Rhythm in the Air (songs by Tony Fennell)
- Let the Rhythm Take You (songs by Paul Gordon and Tyler Bunch)
- You've Got the Rhythm (songs by Bill Obrecht)
- The Bear Cha-Cha-Cha (Shortened Version, songs by Peter Lurye)
[Shadow begins singing "Tingalayo".]
Shadow: (singing) Tingalayo / Run, little donkey, run / Tingalayo / Run, little donkey, run / My donkey walks / My donkey talks
Donkey: Hola, amigos.
Shadow: (singing) My donkey eats with a knife and fork
Donkey: Pass the peas, please.
Shadow: (singing) My donkey eats / My donkey sleeps / My donkey kicks with his 2 hind feet
Donkey: Hee-haw, hee-haw, hee-haw, he-ow!
Shadow: (singing) Tingalayo / Run, little donkey, run / Tingalayo / Run, little donkey, run
Shadow: I love you, Tingalayo.
[The song ends.]
- Portions of the events of this episode were adopted for the book Time to Cha Cha Cha!.
- This episode title references the song I Got Rhythm.