|Grandma Flutter's 100th Birthday|
|Season 4, Episode 17|
|Air date||April 26, 2006|
|Written by||P. Kevin Strader|
|Directed by||Tom Guadarrama|
|Show Your Stuff||The View from You|
Grandma Flutter's 100th Birthday is the sixteenth episode of the fourth season.
It's Grandma Flutter's 100th birthday. Bear and the kids of the Big Blue House take some time to reflect on aging and all of the experiences that life has to offer. Ojo, Treelo, Pip and Pop work to decorate the house and prepare for the party, but Tutter still needs to pick out a gift for her. Bear takes him to the General Store, but he's not sure exactly what to buy her. While at the General Store, Tutter learns about some of the wonderful things that his Grandma has done in her life. As he hears more and more, he becomes overwhelmed, until Bear helps him to see how he can work it all into a perfect gift. Bear also plays a game of chess with Doc Hogg. He's not very good, but Doc Hogg helps him to see that he has a lot of time to learn. Shadow also pays a visit and tells a story about about the life of a hammer.
- The theme for this episode is about age.
- This episode also appears in online listings "Granny Flutter's Birthday."
- Doc Hogg sings Shadow's song. Additionally, a bit of "Happy Happy Birthday" can be heard in this episode.
- Some of the experiences of Grandma Flutter's life include playing baseball (disguised with a moustache) for the River City Rodents, starting a women's baseball league, starring in the play Ain't Mouse Behavin', and being a steamboat captain.
- This is the fourth episode relating to a character's birthday on the show. The first was Mouse Party, the second was Bear's Birthday Bash, and the third was You Never Know.
No goofs spotted yet. If you spotted a goof in this episode, tell about it in the comments.
Watch the episode now.